Thursday, July 10, 2008

Celebrating the 4th!

For the 4th we went to the annual picnic in Mooreland with Brent's family. It really is a pretty big thing. The kids participated in bike/push toy races and a money dig. We also played in the park and had bar-b-cue and snow-cones -you know, all the traditional 4th of July things.























Grammy actually climbed up on this tall slide with Rhett. I'm sure she is thrilled I captured this moment.


Rhett hasn't quite developed his competitive spirit yet. He got third place in his heat. (I think there were three contestants.)


Hollace on the other hand, told us before the race she was going to ride really fast and beat everybody. She did smoke everyone. In fact, she told me after the race that there was smoke coming from her tires.

 



Here are a couple of pics of the kids watching fireworks that night. Hollace was not overly impressed.


3 comments:

Becky said...

Rhett may never have a "die hard" competitiveness, but I think Hollace will make up for him. I love his face in the last picture - he looks very impressed :D

Unknown said...

Molly had fun keeping your kids the other day! They are sweet. And funny. And adventurous:)

Cari said...

SOOOOO CUTE! I like the picture of Hollace and Rhett sitting together.