Monday, February 9, 2009

Goodbye Nana

My mom left on Friday. She had been here almost 2 weeks, since two days before Thad was born. My Dad drove home last weekend. I've mentioned how thankful I was that she and my Dad could be here for his birth. I am also grateful for all the help afterward. She cooked, did some laundry and spoiled all three of the kids. I, like Annie, got a little emotional when it was time for her to go. I'm not sure when we'll see her again. We did get a web-cam along with both grandparents, so that will help. Here is Nana with the kids and Thad with the quilt she made for him. Isn't it cute?

Thanks Nana for everything, we love and miss you!!!
A close-up of the quilt


4 comments:

Annie said...

Awww...Rhett looks sad in that first pic. I'm sure your mom had a hard time leaving you, especially because your so far away. I will have to remember to say prayers for you and her because I know it would be incredibly difficult to live that far away from family when your used to having them in the same town. I hope everything is going great for you, I need to call you sometime but I don't know when to call a new mommy. I am usually asleep in the afternoons as I am sure you are too. Maybe I can call some early evening sometime. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon! :)

Leslie said...

Its so nice that you all have such a great support system in place for when you deliver. That must be really nice.

The quilt looks very cute and quite warm, I'm sure he'll use it for years and years to come!

Unknown said...

I love that quilt. I'm sorry that you can't be closer to your parents. They're pretty handy!

Becky said...

I bet your mom just hated to leave, I know how she feels. I hope life is smooth for your sweet family. Love the quilt - Janice I need one of those ! :)