Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Weekend 2011 Recap

We had a relaxing weekend here at home. It was nice just to have Brent home for three days. We cooked out and ate outside. The kids love to do that.



Mmmm....Chicken, veggie, and pineapple kabobs.

Yummy, healthy almond flour chocolate chip cookies
We had lots of fun playing outside. Our neighborhood pool opened Saturday, so we went Saturday and Sunday and Monday. Whew! I forgot to take my camera-every time, but I'm sure there will be many more opportunities for pool pictures.
We played outside with this big inflatable ball Brent's parents got for the kids a while back.
It was fun, but could be a little dangerous with this big hill in our back yard.


Monday morning I ran in a 10K (6.2 mi) here in town. I placed third overall and got an actual trophy. I thought that was kind of funny that they gave trophies, but the kids, Rhett particularly, were SOOO impressed! My time was 49:24, which is a 7:57 pace. It was a pretty hilly and hot course. I think it was 85 degrees plus when I finished. I was surprised to place overall with that time, but it was really hot.


It feels like it is officially summer time now!

**Correction: Hollace just told me the big red ball was from Uncle Scott.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations!! I didn't know you placed 3rd! That is awesome!!!!

Just made some choc. chip cookies myself and I am sure they will all be gone by tonight. This was the first time elena's recipe actually turned out for me, but the first time that I actually followed alllll the directions on the recipe. Go figure!

You or Brent doing 300 tomorrow?

Ashley said...

That's great! That's how long it takes me to do a 5k! Ha!