Thursday, April 25, 2013

Farewell to Texas


The end of January and February were pretty busy months for us. We made a couple of trips north to house hunt. That is good times with three kids.


A family had a farewell get together for us with some fabulous friends that we are really going to miss.


This is all the kids playing Just Dance. They had a blast.


The weekend after we put our house on the market was crazy! It got listed late Thursday night. We had 16 showing Friday and Saturday and had 4 offers by Saturday afternoon!! WOW! 
It was basically like having an open house for two days. 
We passed the time going out for donuts,
 Browsing some furniture stores........

 and hanging out at Subway.........
(Look at Hollace's face here.  A little mini-me with the dirty looks to the boys and all!)

Our last week in McKinney a couple of sweet friends from Sunday School took me to lunch at one of my favorite places downtown.

Moving day was on a Thursday and school was out here in Fort Smith due to snow. They were already scheduled to be out of school on Friday, so I couldn't go get the kids registered for school until Monday. They started on Tuesday the 26th.
I got Thad into a preschool here on Tuesdays and Thursdays, just like he was doing before.
They all took the move like champs. I know they will miss McKinney and their many friends and our great neighborhood, but they had such positive attitudes about the move. We are blessed with some awesome kids!
Here they are on their first day of school.

We moved on Thursday and I think we had the house 75% unpacked by the end of the first weekend and 90% done at a week. I DO NOT like living out of boxes and Brent is great at getting after it too. 
It didn't take long to break in the fire pit in the back for S'mores and hot dogs.

(........and I just realized the month of April is almost over! We have been here for about two months now and I am just posting about the move. This is also my first post this month! What is wrong with me? I really hate getting this far behind!- and I don't even really have an excuse. I must try to do better!)

No comments: