Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Catch of the Day"

Saturday we went to Boiling Springs with Grammy and Papa and Aunt Juana, Uncle Colby, and Bev. We went swimming, then cooked out and even went fishing. It was the first fishing experience for the kids. Grammy and Papa bought them "Barbie" and "Cars" fishing poles and Uncle Colby taught them the basics. He is a pretty big fisherman. They had a really great time and Hollace even caught a fish! It was actually the only catch we saw by anyone the whole time we were there. She must be a natural!



Here's Uncle Colby baiting the line. Hollace actually held the worm. YUCK!!




Hollace was actually very patient and sat pretty still waiting for a bite!


Rhett on the other hand thought it was pretty neat for a few minutes, then he was done. He kept going up to the water and trying to stick the pole into the water. He just didn't quite get it.

Here she is with the "Catch of the Day". It was a "perch" somebody said. I wouldn't know the difference.


4 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute pics! I don't remember the last time I was at Boiling Springs but the rock steps around the water brought back some memories. thanks!

Janice said...

I bet they really had fun! What did Hollace do with the fish? Cute pictures!

Kara said...

Looks like so much fun...she will have to tag along with Caden next time my dad takes him. Caden has impressed me several times with the ones he reels in!

Becky said...

The sixth picture down cracks me up. She looks like such a serious fisherman. And she can enjoy that all she wants - I'll take my fish from the freezer section, thank you very much!