Monday, October 20, 2008

Cars......A Boys Best Friend

Rhett has developed a new obsession- and I do not use the term,obsession, lightly. He has always been a fan of cars....and trucks, airplanes, and any mode of transportation, really. But lately it is almost getting out of hand-especially with cars in particular. He absolutely LOVES the movie "Cars". He begs to watch it all day long. (I don't let him watch it all day long, of course.) When he does watch it, he watches it so intently, like he has never seen it before. He can't take his eyes off of it, and he never really watches any other movie or cartoon. He has cars and trucks that he carries around everywhere and even has to take 1 or 2 of them to bed with him. My mom bought him some "Cars" underwear (he hasn't actually worn yet) that he carries around, all 6 pair, and loads them up in Hollace's doll stroller and pushes them around the house. It is all pretty funny and just as bad or worse than any obsession Hollace has had with Cinderella, Hannah, etc.

Here is Rhett is his favorite race-car pajamas

Here he is playing with some of his cars and trucks.

Look at that serious face while watching "Cars".



Here I was trying to get him to smile for the camera. He smiled and even "cheeeesed", but couldn't take his eyes off the movie. (This is Aunt Sydnie on one of her RARE visits).

Here he is with one his new pair of "Cars" undies



5 comments:

The Garvie Family said...

Isn't it funny how they get crazy obsessions at such a young age? Just be thankful it is modes of transportation and not dolls or something!!

Leslie said...

He's too cute. I love how he smiles but doesn't stop watching the movie.

Kara said...

I love their obsessions. We have a few here too, of course! Thomas and Diego top our list. I love that he will watch Cars...Caden will not watch a full length movie of any kind, it is weird!

Sydnie said...

HEY! That is not fair! I live 4 hours away and I come as often as I can!

Samantha said...

my palmer was also obsessed at one time with cars the movie. we have sooo many of those cars, and i'll catch him watching the movie QUOTING the lines. boys will be boys....