Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rodeo Rhett!


Last week Rhett's class was learning all about Texas. The class chose nicknames for each student that they used throughout the week. Rhett's was "Rodeo Rhett". He told me he liked "Radio Rhett" better. I explained that that just didn't sound as "cowboy-ish". He said "Yea it does. Cowboys listen to the radio too!". True I suppose.

They worked on some Texas songs and at the end of the week had a "Texas Hoe Down" where the parents could come see them perform the songs and then they had chili and cornbread. Of course they were suppose to wear their Texan/cowboy/western gear.

How cute is this little cowboy?

(On a little side note: My good digital SLR camera that my Dad gave me is not working right. Something is wrong with the flash. It still works alright if I don't need the flash like in these pictures. BUT it's worthless if I need the flash. I didn't realize just how much I LOVED having a good camera until I didn't. So much more fun to take pictures when they look good!)



Here are some pictures from their little performance. Love how he has his hands in his pockets.

The lighting wasn't great and again........my good camera is....sniff, sniff. Look at the difference in the quality of the pictures!



It was a cute performance, but I have to admit the ONLY song I recognized was "Deep in the Heart of Texas". The others I'm sure were familiar to Texans, but I had to refrain from belting out "OOOOOOO-klahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain......"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that little Rodeo Rhett!!