Monday, April 28, 2008

"My name is Hilary and I'm a candy-aholic."



For those of you who don't know, I have occasional addictions to certain kinds of candy. I really don't eat candy all that often, except when one of these addictions strike. Several months ago I could not get enough "Junior Mints". I was stopping and buying them so often at quick stops, I decided to buy a case on e-bay to save time and money. Yes, a CASE-of 24 movie theater size boxes of Jr. Mints. Unfortunately, the cravings ended shortly after the case arrived. Therefore, I have about 20 boxes in my pantry. My latest addiction is to "Robin Eggs". You know, the speckeled malt balls from "Whopper". Again, my timing was not great and my cravings started just after Easter, when they were no longer available at most stores. I looked high and low for any remaining eggs, and did find a few last bags/boxes, but not enough. Again I resorted to E-bay. It's crazy, I know. I will not tell you how much I paid for this HUGE bag, but I was desparate. A few days after the bag arrived, a friend of mine that I work with in the PACU, Sonya, brought me this case of miniature cartons of the eggs. She found them at the grocery store at Seiling!! She loves me!!-and I should be set for a while. I know it is CRAZY, but thought some of you might enjoy hearing about this little problem I have!



13 comments:

Annie said...

That is so funny! I am sad to say that I never lose my addiction to candy. I wish I did, but if I bought a big box full I do believe I would eat them until they are gone!!! That candy sure does look yummy!

The Garvie Family said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one addicted to candy. I LOVE gummy lifesavers!! This has been going on for years and I can't seem to get rid of the addiction. I never thought about buying them in bulk thru ebay. Great idea!!!

Leslie said...

That is such a funny story, Hilary. I have an addiction to dark chocolate that I have no intention of kicking.

BRITT said...

OKAY....I AM SO AMAZED THAT YOU EAT STUFF LIKE THAT FIRST OF ALL AND SECOND OF ALL...WHY DON'T YOU GAIN POUNDS WITH ALL THAT??? IF I LOOK AT CANDY I GAIN. WHAT IS THE SECRET? :)

Kara said...

I am with Britt on this one...how do you eat all that and not gain weight...NOT FAIR!!! Cory would absolutely kill me if he found all that candy in the house! He is like the health police!

Becky said...

You certainly don't look like you have a candy addiction, while some of us, namely me, look like we have had a life long love affair with the stuff. It does make a person feel better to know there are others with cravings - my current one is wintergreen lifesavers.

Unknown said...

That's so funny. I too do the addiction thing. In the past it has been cookie dough, Crunch bars, cookies and I am currently on white powdered donuts!!! Why can't I get addicted to anything healthy!

Kristen said...

I didn't even know you could get stuff like that on Ebay. I guess when they say the sell everything, they mean EVERYTHING! Besides my addiction to Dr. Pepper, I have been dealing with a Rolos craving for the past several months!

The Loves of Lacy said...

Well I'm going to join the list of candy addicts!!! Right now i'm on Lafey Tafey not the rope kind or the kind you can buy in sacks the long flat kind that you find in quick trips. I could have like 5 a day. Being pregnant might have something to do with it but I doubt it. And I thought I was the only candy lover!!!

The Loves of Lacy said...

Well I'm going to join the list of candy addicts!!! Right now i'm on Lafey Tafey not the rope kind or the kind you can buy in sacks the long flat kind that you find in quick trips. I could have like 5 a day. Being pregnant might have something to do with it but I doubt it. And I thought I was the only candy lover!!!

Mandy said...

You are cracking me up!! If I bought candy like that in bulk, it would be gone sooooo fast! Maybe you should sell your left over candy on e-bay!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you had this addiction!

Janice said...

I must say - you came by the love of sweets honestly - but I don't think I've ever bought it in bulk like that!