Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Future Fireman?

Last Saturday our Sunday School class took breakfast to the firemen on duty at the fire station, to show our appreciation for their service. They took the kids downstairs to see the trucks and even let them sit in the firetrucks, turned the lights on, and gave them each their own chief hat and badge sticker. They were all very impressed. Rhett really likes firetrucks, not as much as "Cars", but a lot. If you are wondering why Hollace isn't in any of the pictures, she stayed the night with her Nana the night before. When I called to get them up and tell them we were on our way, she told my mom she didn't want to go, so when we got there to pick her up she was sitting there in her pajamas. She immediately jumped up and said she changed her mind, and wanted to go. I told her we didn't have time to wait on her now and she'd have to miss it. She cried and cried and we had to have a talk later about the decisions we make and their consequences. Hope she learned a lesson.....Anyway here are some pics of my little fireman.



5 comments:

Leslie said...

Those pictures are too cute!

Samantha said...

the most impressive thing about this post is the "lesson" hollace had to learn...good for you! it's hard to do!!! (i'm learning a "lesson" from you!)

Unknown said...

That's cute--and what a meany you are--teaching her a lesson about preparedness. If only someone had worked on that with a bunch of teenagers I know......

Good Job!

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I am sorry we missed it. My boys would have been in hog heaven!

Becky said...

I'll be anxious to know if that lesson took root - knowing Hollace, I am sure she will not forget it!