Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Name That Cousin

My nephew has a name: Gunnar Thomas Tackett- and Hollace actually picked his name! A few weeks ago, they still hadn't decided on a name. Hollace said "Well, if you're not going to name him, I will. I pick Gunnar." She said she chose this because "Uncle Colby loves guns" (he is a big hunter). I think at first they just thought it was funny that she chose this because of the "guns", but it kind of grew on them. The second day in the hospital they finally decided to go with Gunnar. Hollace was so proud. I really like it! Here are a couple of pics from the hospital. This was the kids' first time to see him up close and sort of "hold him". This was still Halloween day. (I do not normally dress my kids as super-heroes) We went back late after all the festivities were over.



Now I have to get back to nervously watching the election results come in. Say a prayer!!

2 comments:

The Garvie Family said...

She did a great job picking a name. Do you trust her enough to pick out your new little guy's name?

Becky said...

I agree with Mandy - how about letting Hollace pick a baby name - bet it would be interesting!