Monday, December 1, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!

We have some REALLY BIG news!!!!!!!

No, I am not pregnant. Oh wait, yes I am, but you already knew that.

We are moving...............to Nashville, TN!!!!!

This is really big for us, since we have lived here for about 7 years now and have always lived here since we had kids. Both of our parents are here, we go to the same church I went to from the time I was born, etc, etc.......Anyway it is a big thing to us, and not an easy decision.

Brent got a great job offer with HCA, a big hospital company. It is actually a position within their CEO development program. I have to brag on him a little and say that the program had over 600 applicants this time and only 2 got positions. It is a great opportunity!

It is, of course, going to be stressful and a big adjustment. Brent turned in his 30 day notice at the end of last week, so we will probably be leaving right after Christmas- Yes, I will be 34 weeks pregnant when we move over 800 miles away, to a place where we know NO ONE, a place I have yet to even visit. However, we have prayed a lot about this whole thing and know that God has a plan for us and trust him with this.

We are going this week, leaving tomorrow, to attempt to find somewhere to live. I also have an appointment with an OB doctor, so that when we arrive 4 weeks from now I will have someone to call if I have any problems right away.

SO, that is the news. I'm sure I will have more to post after this weeks trip. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, this week as we travel and in the next several weeks. You might also say a little prayer for our parents. This is really big for them too. I know they are proud of Brent and happy for us, but I know they will also miss our kids (I mean US, ha!) a LOT!!!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow!!! How exciting! Yea for Brent! Kandace and I have been wanting to get to Nashville for a "business trip" and now we have an even better reason to come! Good luck with your trip this week and we'll be praying for you guys!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your news! I'm not surprised that Brent is 'moving up' but we will miss you guys so much. But I'm sure not half as much as your parents will.

Tisha said...

Man, I will mis you guys. I know bree will miss Hollace. I am happy for you guys though. What are you doing with your house here?

Annie said...

I still just cannot believe it!!! How can I talk you into staying until baby Thad gets here? I could be your coach incase Brent doesn't get back in time!!! :)

Leslie said...

Wow, that is something. I hope you all like it in TN. You'll be around our halfway point on the way to NE. It is a beautiful drive btw.

The Garvie Family said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure you will be missed big time in Woodward, but I have a feeling you will love TN. That is great..tell Brent Congratulations!

Samantha said...

moving as pregnant as you will be is my specialty, and don't worry---you can do it!! i just really feel bad for your family...it will be hardest on them. but congrats on the promotion, and good luck with the move. and, im not trying to get into your business, but i had a friend do this, so...if at all possible, keep your home in woodward and rent it out. your parents can keep an eye on it, and if you ever decided to move back........or if you didn't, it would be a good investment. (sorry to bug you like that! it worked out really well for my friend.) :-)