Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Tag and Decorations (or lack there of)


Here is the ONE picture of my Christmas decorations. It is my Willow Tree Nativity that I love. I actually do have a tree up. It took quite a lot of motivation, knowing it was all just more to pack up immediately after Christmas. How can you NOT put up a tree though, especially with kids. So, the tree and this nativity is about all I did this year. I couldn't NOT put this out either. I just love it and it reminds us of what we are really celebrating at Christmas.


And......I was tagged by Kristen with this little Christmas game, so here it is:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Spiced apple cider. Ok, hot chocolate if I had to choose.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Mostly unwrapped under the tree.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights? White.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have some fake mistletoe I usually put out.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I love all the yummy holiday food, but I guess I don't have a favorite.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Probably just Christmas Eve, getting ready for Santa, etc.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean, truth about Santa??

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My parents always got us Christmas pajamas, an ornament and one or two small things from them on Christmas Eve, so we have done that with our kids, too.

10. How do you decorate your tree? Clear lights, silver and burgundy bulbs and all the random ornaments from over the years. I want to get a second tree, so I can have one really pretty one with certain colors, and one just for the "random" ornaments. Maybe next year.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it, but I probably would get tired of it it we got it a whole lot.

12. Can you ice skate? I've never tried.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I really don't remember one favorite.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Remembering what we are REALLY celebrating.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I'd have to think about that.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Just being with family, I guess.

17. What tops your Christmas tree? A star

18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? Giving, especially with the kids, but who doesn't love to receive, too?

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "O Holy Night"

20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck? Yuck. I'm not a peppermint fan.

21. What do you want for Christmas? There isn't anything I just really want. I usually like to get clothes, but not this year.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes, several. This year we've been to our Sunday School party, Brent's work/going away party, and a party at Yulonda's. I've actually missed 3 others already this year, because we were in Nashville or something.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? PJs first, then get dressed (but not really dressed up) to go to families.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? No.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Both of our families. We are lucky they live close together.

I tag my mom and Sydnie, who have seriously been neglecting their blogs, and anyone else who hasn't participated yet.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love it that all of these tag posts I've seen people are wearing their PJs -> why would someone want to wait to open presents to get all dressed up? Sounds crazy to me.

BTW Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

Sydnie said...

Hey! I just wrote a blog the other day! You cannot put me in the same blog neglet category as mom! She hasn't blogged since the beginning of October!