As the new year starts, I was reflecting back on 2009. It was a pretty eventful year for the Hubbard household. There are some years that nothing really big happens. Of course, there are always special day to day things, but 2009 saw some pretty big occasions for us. Here they are, the ones I can think of:
1. Bought a new house.
2. Moved (on New Year's Day) over 800 miles away from our hometowns and families.
3. COMPLETED our family, when we BARELY made it to the hospital to have our third baby.
4. Didn't go back to work-after nearly 8 years of working as a Registered Nurse.
5. Sold our 2 vehicles (including the green Blazer, I'd had since college), and bought 2 different vehicles (including-yes, a minivan-which I LOVE, by the way!)
6. Made our first ever (of probably many) 800+ mile trip to visit family. 12+ hours with three kids with a total age of 7!!
7. Sent my baby girl to kindergarten! (How is she already old enough to be in school?)
8. Made our first visit as a family to Disney World!
9. Hosted my first Thanksgiving at our house- with 11 extra people.
10. Became members of new church, FBC-Hendersonville, the first different church I have been a member of since I first became a member of FBC, Woodward as a little girl.
11. Spent our first Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with JUST our little family, which I was kind of looking forward to- to start some new family traditions and be together, just us. BUT we all had the stomach bug instead-more on that later.)
So there it is, our 2009. Now looking forward to 2010. I have never been one to make New Years Resolutions. Maybe I just don't like to fail. I probably should make some and put them on here for some accountability, but I just don't want to. I really don't want to be like one of those people you see show up at the gym or outside running all fired up in January and then by February they're gone.
Maybe I'll give it some more thought and if I think of something worthwhile that I truly believe I'll stick to I'll post it. For now, though, I just don't think I am a resolution-type person. However, if you are- what are yours? I'd love to hear them.
***Praying you all have a wonderful, blessed 2010!!!***