Sunday, August 28, 2011

2nd Grade and New Beginnings

Well, it's been 2 weeks since we moved our family to McKinney, TX. We are still trying to get settled and into a routine. We only have 2 boxes left to unpack. I think that's pretty good for two weeks. It was a little easier this time. Last time we moved to another state I was 8 months pregnant. I was ON A MISSION to get everything done because I knew it would be so hard to accomplish anything once Thad arrived. (....How right I was!!). Anyway, we are really liking it here and jumping right into things. The timing of it all was really a blessing. We moved just before school started here, so Hollace got to start 2nd grade here.

Here is my big 2nd grader last Monday, the first day of school. She is going to Wolford Elementary, home of the Wolverines!


She has always loved school and while she was sad about leaving her friends and teachers she had loved at her old school in Hendersonville, she was excited to start the year here.
Her school is literally just behind our house and across the street. The boys and I have been walking down to the cul de sac at the end of our street and watching her cross the street and go the rest of the way to school. It is SOOO nice to be that close. After school we meet her at the corner and are home less than 5 minutes after school gets out!
Here she is posing with the back pack Nana monogrammed for her. She chose to wear this dress for the first day of school, because it is her new school colors. Blue and Gold.

We got to walk her all the way to her class room the first day. She was just a little shy at first, but didn't take long for her to be ready for me to leave!

After school, I got a great report. She said her new school and teacher were "perfect!". She was very excited to learn that they could wear flip flops to school on non-PE days! She was also so pleased to find out that the school lunches here are only $2.10! They were $2.60 at her old school, but I'm not sure why she cares. I really don't make her pay for her school lunches or anything.

After school, she was climbing on the stairwell, and told me it would be a "good after school picture". So I took one.
* It just occurred to me that I haven't really explained much about our move to Texas. I will do that after I unpack those last two boxes :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is a mini you. I thought she always looked like you but the older she gets she looks more and more like you.

Love the posing!

The Loves of Lacy said...

Ok yea I'm sooo confused??!! I didn't know ya'll moved??!! What in the world??!!